Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Exciting Times!

Wow. It's been a long time since I last posted something on here! I missed both kids' birthdays, Ella's first day of Kindergarten and other things, but I can't promise I'll catch up. And who knows if I'll even continue to post on a regular basis. I guess only time will tell!

We have got some exciting news! Our family is growing!

I am due April 14, 2014 and am currently 12 weeks along. The ultrasound above is when I was 11 weeks.

It feels so surreal! I have been wanting another baby for two years now, but we haven't been able to due to the lack of insurance. We didn't feel comfortable bringing a baby into the world without things being stable job/money wise. I was so sad and frustrated not knowing when we would be able to have another baby. Some days it felt as if two kids is all we would have. But then that made me even more sad and didn't feel right. Then periodically I would come to peace and know it will happen eventually. Every time I thought about having another one, I would get a calm feeling with Heavenly Father telling me the time is just not right.

Well, in June, both Craig and I got the feeling that the time has come. We prayed hard and both felt very strongly that we needed to add to our family. We actually had a very spiritual moment at that point. But we were also very surprised and scared (well at least I was). See, Craig lost another job in May so he was unemployed. I felt like the world would be looking down upon us judging us for being irresponsible. But we know what we felt and Heavenly Father wanted us to have another baby. I have to put those negative feelings aside.

So a month and a half later, we discovered I was pregnant! I was in shock. It didn't seem real. And I was slightly scared. But, we were extremely excited! I didn't want to tell anyone for a while but at the same time wanted to shout it from the rooftops. So I compromised with myself and we told immediate family. I guess we didn't "tell" them. Instead we sent them this picture. Just the picture, no words. We turned it into a game to see who would get it!




Let's just say no one got it right away! It was quite fun on our end of it!

Last week I announced it on Facebook, so now more people than just family knows. However, I am not one to go around telling people I'm pregnant. I just let the rest find out when my belly gets bigger or if someone tells others. It's not a secret, I just don't like announcing things to others in person. Weird, I know.

So far, things have been fairly easy. I have morning sickness (make that all-day sickness), but it's not too horribly bad. Nothing compared with my pregnancy with Caleb, but slightly worse than with Ella. I thought it was gone, but it started back up yesterday and today. Hopefully it will be on its way out in the next week. It's quite annoying. However, I just want my energy back. Let's just say Craig has been a huge help with the housework. I clean one or two little things and then I'm exhausted. Oh, I'll just pick up the clutter in the family room. Then I'm done. I can't do anything more until I rest. Oh, and just going up the stairs gets me out of breath. But, besides those two things, things have been great! Baby is healthy, has a strong heartbeat, and measuring right on. I am truly being blessed!


0 comments: