Today is Craig's 35th birthday. Poor guy worked all day, came home around 5:45, had a 10 minute celebration, and had to be at Barro's by 6:00. Busy day! Considering we don't have the funds to get him any presents at the moment, I tried to make it as special as I could. Earlier, the kids and I met him for lunch. He had to go pay the rent on his lunch, so he wanted us to meet him at his work and go with him. Afterward, we went to Ned's Krazy Sub for lunch. A few weeks ago, I decided I was going to make him this cake. My mom, sister and I discovered it one week (we like to get together on Friday's and bake/cook new things). It is so good (and oh so fattening)! And easy to make. Craig really liked it, so I decided this is what I was going to make him. This was the first time I made it by myself and it turned out perfectly. Craig knew I was doing this, so I wanted to surprise him with something. I decorated the house a bit for him. The last time I did this was for his 30th birthday, so he wasn't expecting it. It wasn't the best birthday, but it was the best I could do.
I love Craig so much. He is a wonderful husband and father. He works so hard for our family so I can stay home with the kids. I love how important he feels it is that I do. That was one of the first things we talked about when we were first married (maybe even before that, I don't remember). He sacrifices so much for us. And I am truly grateful.
Craig is my best friend. I love laughing and having fun with him. I love being able to raise our kids together. I love that I can be my weird goofy self around him. I love that I can share my inner feelings with him. I love that he supports me in all that I do. And most of all, I love that we are eternal partners. Growing up, I couldn't imagine wanting to be with someone forever, but now I can't imagine not being with Craig forever.
Happy birthday, Craig!
.jpg)
.jpg)
0 comments:
Post a Comment