Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Two Years Ago

Ella Kate Newman came into our lives two years ago today at 1:29am. She was 6lbs 15oz and 20 inches long.



She has been such a little joy to have in our family and has the cutest and sweetest personality.




The beginning of her life wasn't problem free. The girl did not like to eat much, so in the first few weeks of her life, she had a little weight problem. At two weeks, she ended up losing a few ounces. But after supplementing with formula, for a weekend, she finally surpassed her birth weight. However, she has always been in the lower percentiles. Right now, she's probably only about 23 pounds. She's just a petite girl.

At four months old, she was admitted to the hospital with a bad and fluky UTI. I think it might have even turned into a kidney infection. The doctors were not very clear about that part. It got that bad because the fever she had was masked by the fever she got as a reaction to her shots. She was pitiful looking in the hospital bed.


Here are some more pictures of Ella growing up.


Ella at six months old




Ella at ten months old



Ella's first birthday


Ella at 18 months

A couple months ago, Ella got a big girl bed. She loved it before we even opened the box! She loves being able to get in and out of her bed all by herself. I think this was the easiest transition we've ever done with her!




Here she is just a month ago eating cake with her daddy. Messy hair and all.



And here she is today, on her birthday.




I can't say enough of how much we love her. She is just growing into a beautiful girl inside and out. She is smart (sometimes too much for her own good), loves to sing and dance, and she loves Elmo! Happy birthday, Ella!

4 comments:

Newman Family said...

Happy Birthday, Ella! So cute!

Shari said...

She's gorgeous! I love the messy hair picture. I can't believe how big she's gotten since I saw you guys. Happy birthday Ella!

The Weeden Family said...

She is just beautiful! I can't believe the last time I saw you guys was at your wedding and here you are with a beautiful 2 year old! :-)

Sarah said...

Lindsay she is gorgeous! I LOVE LOVE LOVE her curly red hair!! I have always wanted hair like that. It means she's got spunk! :) Happy birthday to Ella, and I hope I get to meet her in person someday!